Subject: Re: m68k: kernel/up.c:16: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:20:33 +1100

Hi Geert,

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:08:57 +0100 Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I can't seem to reproduce the compile failure of kernel/up.c on m68k,
> as shown on
> http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/buildresult/186066/:
> 
> | kernel/up.c:16: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

When kisskb gets an error in building a kernel, it tries to bisect the
problem starting from a known good kernel.  The above error occurs
during the bisection process not when building the original kernel.  I
guess we need to be a bit more careful when reporting the errors.  Sorry
about that.

It was actually building commit
"[ad33ea3a8d2ec324dc0f46b6ae404d824d2b349b] bnx2x: Missing mask when
calculating flow control", I think.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/