Subject: Re: Next March 19: drivers/comedi build break.

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 08:33:27 -0700

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 06:50:10PM +0530, Sachin Sant wrote:
> Next 19 randconfig build fails with :
>
>  CC [M]  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_fops.o
> In file included from drivers/staging/comedi/comedidev.h:38,
>                 from drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_fops.c:45:
> drivers/staging/comedi/interrupt.h:25: error: conflicting types for 
> ‘irqreturn_t’
> include/linux/irqreturn.h:14: error: previous declaration of 
> ‘irqreturn_t’ was here
> In file included from drivers/staging/comedi/comedidev.h:38,
>                 from drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_fops.c:45:
> drivers/staging/comedi/interrupt.h:28:1: warning: "IRQ_RETVAL" redefined
> In file included from include/linux/interrupt.h:10,
>                 from drivers/staging/comedi/interrupt.h:22,
>                 from drivers/staging/comedi/comedidev.h:38,
>                 from drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_fops.c:45:
> include/linux/irqreturn.h:15:1: warning: this is the location of the 
> previous definition
> make[3]: *** [drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_fops.o] Error 1
>
> Probably because of the irqreturn_t related changes.

Ah, I wasn't aware of them, I'll go dig and fix this up...

thanks,

greg k-h