Subject: Re: [PATCH] Staging: comedi: Fix build problem

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:36:34 -0700

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 05:36:50PM +0100, Alessio Igor Bogani wrote:
> [...]
>  CC [M]  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.o
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c: In function ‘compat_chaninfo’:
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:135: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:139: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:145: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:145: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:145: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘type name’
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:145: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:145: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:145: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘type name’
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:145: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:145: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:145: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘type name’
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:145: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_compat32.c:145: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>  [...]
> 
> Signed-off-by: Alessio Igor Bogani <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi.h      |    4 ++--
>  drivers/staging/comedi/comedi_fops.c |    8 ++++----
>  2 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

Hm, I just fixed this in a cleaner way, and copied you on that patch.

thanks,

greg k-h