Subject: Re: [PATCH] build fix for generic debug pagealloc

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 18:44:50 +0200

* Andrew Morton <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > +config DEBUG_PAGEALLOC
> > +	bool "Debug page memory allocations"
> > +	depends on DEBUG_KERNEL && ARCH_SUPPORTS_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC
> > +	depends on !HIBERNATION || !PPC && !SPARC
> > +	---help---
> > +	  Unmap pages from the kernel linear mapping after free_pages().
> > +	  This results in a large slowdown, but helps to find certain types
> > +	  of memory corruptions.
> > +
> 
> I guess this is why it wasn't discovered in my compile testing.  
> It's quite regrettable that `make allmodconfig' didn't enable the 
> feature. That's what allmodconfig is for.

Hm, i _do_ remember some hibernation magic fix from Rafael, in the 
area of debugalloc. Many months ago.

Rafael, is it supposed to work? If yes, i think we should unblock 
it.

	Ingo