Subject: Re: linux-next: comedi: Range_table and range_table_list

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:56:20 +1000

Hi ALexis,

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:37:43 +0200 Alexis Berlemont <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Ian Abott told me that the original Comedi CVS tree will not integrate
> such a code change. He suggested me to redirect my mail to linux-next
> as the staging area is supposed to host any "cleanup effort".

He is mistaken about linux-next: no development work goes on there, just
integration testing.  All staging tree work needs to be directed to Greg
(as this was).

Also, are we going to have problems if the original developers of things
in the staging tree are unwilling to take updates back into their trees?
Or is this just a procedural thing i.e. do they only want things fed back
after they have been in the staging tree?  Will this change if their work
ends up in the kernel proper?

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/