Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for May 1 (devtmpfs)

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 15:56:16 -0700

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 09:55:52AM -0700, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 08:28:33AM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> 
> > drivers/base/devtmpfs.c:41: error: implicit declaration of function 'vfs_mkdir'
> > drivers/base/devtmpfs.c:46: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> 
> [...]
> 
> Why is devtmpfs in linux-next?  My read of the thread so far seems to
> indicate there is considerable uncertainty that this is necessary or
> desirable.

As we discussed on irc, I think you no longer object to this, and see
how it solves a real problem, and can probably help out your initramfs
tools.

So it should stay in -next for now, and see if any build/use problems
happen with it.  I've been running it all this week on my machines just
fine.

thanks,

greg k-h