Subject: linux-next: driver-core tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:25:42 +1000

Hi Greg,

Today's linux-next build (powerpc ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/hid/usbhid/hiddev.c:965: error: unknown field 'nodename' specified in initializer
drivers/hid/usbhid/hiddev.c:965: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

Caused by commit 5b1e3a40a98ad5a822cb527439cd57dc60a41db9 ("Driver Core:
devtmpfs - driver core maintained /dev tmpfs").  As far as I can see the
version of this patch in your quilt series currently has never been
posted anywhere public ... The diff summaries for the previous and
current version of this patch are:

- 18 files changed, 484 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
+ 38 files changed, 599 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

Which is a pretty big change for something in linux-next.  So, can we
please remove this patch until it has proper review, been tested and has
settled down a bit.

I have reverted that patch for today (anything else was harder).
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/