Subject: linux-next: driver-core tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 13:44:01 +1000

Hi Greg,

Today's linux-next build (powerpc_ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from arch/powerpc/platforms/ps3/platform.h:28,
                 from arch/powerpc/platforms/ps3/mm.c:32:
arch/powerpc/include/asm/ps3.h: In function 'ps3_system_bus_set_driver_data':
arch/powerpc/include/asm/ps3.h:424: error: 'struct device' has no member named 'driver_data'
arch/powerpc/include/asm/ps3.h: In function 'ps3_system_bus_get_driver_data':
arch/powerpc/include/asm/ps3.h:429: error: 'struct device' has no member named 'driver_data'

Caused (obviously) by commit 9499952d8efc857406365bfc04079ff1e85660ff
("Driver core: move dev_get/set_drvdata to drivers/base/dd.c") which I
have reverted.

Grep is your friend ...  Actually there is a patch for this ...
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/27061/ ... also for another ...
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/27062/

Please leave the above commit out of the tree until you have at least
fixed all the in tree users.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/