Subject: Re: Next May 11 : BUG during scsi initialization

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 16:03:52 +1000

On Tue, 12 May 2009 07:59:18 +0200 Nick Piggin <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 03:56:13PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi Nick,
> > 
> > On Tue, 12 May 2009 06:57:16 +0200 Nick Piggin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmm, I think (hope) your problems were fixed with the recent memory
> > > coruption bug fix for SLQB. (if not, let me know)
> > > 
> > > This one possibly looks like a problem with remote memory allocation
> > > or memory hotplug or something like that. I'll do a bit of code
> > > review....
> > 
> > These are -next kernels which include the two fixes you posted recently
> > (I am pretty sure).
> 
> Yes they should do.
> 
> 
> >  I am also getting the network failures that Sachin
> > is seeing on several of my machines here.  The previously reported
> > problems have gone away.
> 
> This one is a SCSI failure... was there also a network one reported?
> At any rate, I'm fairly sure this is a problem with SLQB, so it could
> easily happen in any early driver setup.

This is what I have been getting for the last few days:

calling  .ibmveth_module_init+0x0/0x80 @ 1
Unable to handle kernel paging request for data at address 0x22640004002d310
Faulting instruction address: 0xc000000000038840
cpu 0x0: Vector: 300 (Data Access) at [c0000000be67ef50]
    pc: c000000000038840: .memcpy+0x240/0x280
    lr: c0000000002a7860: .__nla_put+0x30/0x50
    sp: c0000000be67f1d0
   msr: 8000000000009032
   dar: 22640004002d310
 dsisr: 40000000
  current = 0xc0000000be67a000
  paca    = 0xc000000000913280
    pid   = 1, comm = swapper
enter ? for help
[link register   ] c0000000002a7860 .__nla_put+0x30/0x50
[c0000000be67f1d0] c0000000002a7850 .__nla_put+0x20/0x50 (unreliable)
[c0000000be67f260] c0000000002a7bb8 .nla_put+0x48/0x60
[c0000000be67f2e0] c0000000004a50b0 .rtnl_fill_ifinfo+0x320/0x740
[c0000000be67f3e0] c0000000004a586c .rtmsg_ifinfo+0x7c/0x110
[c0000000be67f480] c0000000004a59f0 .rtnetlink_event+0xf0/0x110
[c0000000be67f500] c00000000008a848 .notifier_call_chain+0x78/0x100
[c0000000be67f5a0] c0000000004964b8 .call_netdevice_notifiers+0x28/0x40
[c0000000be67f620] c000000000497a40 .register_netdevice+0x340/0x400
[c0000000be67f700] c000000000497b58 .register_netdev+0x58/0x80
[c0000000be67f790] c000000000574b4c .ibmveth_probe+0x2ec/0x400
[c0000000be67f8a0] c0000000000248b0 .vio_bus_probe+0xa0/0xb0
[c0000000be67f930] c000000000328b30 .driver_probe_device+0xf0/0x210
[c0000000be67f9d0] c000000000328d28 .__driver_attach+0xd8/0xe0
[c0000000be67fa60] c000000000327c78 .bus_for_each_dev+0x98/0xf0
[c0000000be67fb10] c000000000328898 .driver_attach+0x28/0x40
[c0000000be67fb90] c00000000032849c .bus_add_driver+0xdc/0x2d0
[c0000000be67fc30] c000000000329314 .driver_register+0x84/0x1d0
[c0000000be67fcd0] c0000000000247f0 .vio_register_driver+0x40/0x60
[c0000000be67fd60] c00000000077c5ac .ibmveth_module_init+0x5c/0x80
[c0000000be67fde0] c00000000000901c .do_one_initcall+0x6c/0x1e0
[c0000000be67fee0] c00000000074ed1c .kernel_init+0x1fc/0x280
[c0000000be67ff90] c00000000002a4c0 .kernel_thread+0x54/0x70

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/