Subject: iwlagn broken in next-20090514 and next-20090514

From: Nico -telmich- Schottelius <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:26:21 +0200

Stephen Rothwell [Fri, May 15, 2009 at 03:37:33PM +1000]:
> Changes since 20090514:

Kernel is not authenticating it against the AP anymore with
messages like:

[16907.701634] wlan0: associate with AP 00:03:52:4e:f3:d1
[16907.703669] wlan0: RX AssocResp from 00:03:52:4e:f3:d1 (capab=0x421 status=0 aid=5)
[16907.703672] wlan0: associated
[16907.729958] wlan0: disassociating by local choice (reason=3)
[16907.852112] wlan0: direct probe to AP 00:03:52:1b:f8:31 try 1
[16908.052086] wlan0: direct probe to AP 00:03:52:1b:f8:31 try 2
[16908.055331] wlan0 direct probe responded
[16908.055335] wlan0: authenticate with AP 00:03:52:1b:f8:31
[16908.256065] wlan0: authenticate with AP 00:03:52:1b:f8:31
[16908.453689] wlan0: authenticate with AP 00:03:52:1b:f8:31
[16908.656037] wlan0: authentication with AP 00:03:52:1b:f8:31 timed out

Also wpa_supplicant is not happy:

+ wpa_supplicant -B -Dwext -iwlan0 -c /home/user/nico/ethz/wlan/wpa_supplicant.conf
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: No such file or directory
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: No such file or directory
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: No such file or directory
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: No such file or directory

Config, dmesg attached.

Last working kernel version: vmlinuz-2.6.30-rc4-next-20090505-04518-g1f9c23a

Nico

-- 
Think about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
http://nico.schottelius.org/documentations/foss/the-term-foss/

PGP: BFE4 C736 ABE5 406F 8F42  F7CF B8BE F92A 9885 188C