Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs tree with the tree

From: Frederic Weisbecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 19:10:56 +0200

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:07:47AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:03:38AM +0200, Frederic Weisbecker wrote:
> > > + 	if (s->s_dirt)
> > > + 		reiserfs_write_super(s);
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > But this part seems to solve another conflict, right?
> > I'm not sure about it.
> 
> Yes, different one.  Previously the VFS called ->write_super just before
> ->put_super.  Now any left over writeback needs to be dealt with by
> the filesystem.  For now I have added a call to the write_super method
> to all filesystems, but most likely this can be removed later after
> an audit by someone who knows the filesystem.
>

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. So Stephen's fix seems to be
correct.

Thanks.