Subject: Re: Request for linux-next inclusion of the voyager tree

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 01:56:47 +0200

* Alan Cox <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > This code has been NAK-ed by the x86 maintainers:
> > 
> >  - Due to the absurd irrelevance of Voyager/x86/Linux hardware
> > 
> >  - Due to the thousands of lines of of code it adds to arch/x86
> >    to support a 486/P5 era piece of hardware
> > 
> >  - and due to its negative track record of:
> > 
> >     v2.6.27.0:   Voyager was broken - it did not even build. (!)
> >     v2.6.28.0:   Voyager was broken - it did not even build. (!)
> >     v2.6.29-rc5: Voyager was broken - it did not even build. (!)
> 
> So Ingo you are arguing "It didn't work in some releases so we 
> want to make it continue not to work by trying to keep the fixes 
> out" ?

No. This code is not in Linux right now, and that i see no reason to 
put it back, for the (many) reasons outlined.

	Ingo