Subject: linux-next: driver-core tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:01:00 +1000

Hi Greg,

Today's linux-next build (arm omap_osk_5912_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c: In function 'omapfb_show_caps_num':
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c:1253: error: 'struct device' has no member named 'driver_data'
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c: In function 'omapfb_show_caps_text':
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c:1273: error: 'struct device' has no member named 'driver_data'
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c: In function 'omapfb_show_panel_name':
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c:1320: error: 'struct device' has no member named 'driver_data'
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c: In function 'omapfb_show_bklight_level':
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c:1329: error: 'struct device' has no member named 'driver_data'
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c: In function 'omapfb_store_bklight_level':
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c:1344: error: 'struct device' has no member named 'driver_data'
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c: In function 'omapfb_show_bklight_max':
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c:1363: error: 'struct device' has no member named 'driver_data'
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c: In function 'omapfb_show_ctrl_name':
drivers/video/omap/omapfb_main.c:1396: error: 'struct device' has no member named 'driver_data'

Caused by commit 53d8ba57f16029a47ed5df9840ab6c3f9abd3727 ("Driver core:
move dev_get/set_drvdata to drivers/base/dd.c") from the driver-core tree.

I see more grepping in your future :-)
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/