Subject: linux-next: sound tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:29:35 +1000

Hi Takashi,

Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

sound/soc/codecs/ad1938.c: In function 'ad1938_spi_probe':
sound/soc/codecs/ad1938.c:423: error: 'struct device' has no member named 'driver_data'
sound/soc/codecs/ad1938.c: In function 'ad1938_spi_remove':
sound/soc/codecs/ad1938.c:430: error: 'struct device' has no member named 'driver_data'

Caused by commit 1274738d85d0e25c4f82d83f50a6bcbe2397e9ea ("ASoC: new
ad1938 codec driver based on asoc") interacting with commit
2e34003ff6237e2216396d61dc8b32ea5959de80 ("Driver core: move
dev_get/set_drvdata to drivers/base/dd.c") from the driver-core.current
tree (which will, I assume, be sent to Linus shortly - right, Greg?).

New drivers need to use the (existing) API's dev_{set,get}_drvdata().

I have used the version of the sound tree from next-20090716 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/