Subject: linux-next: async_tx tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:00:04 +1000

Hi Dan,

Since next-20090623, the linux-next build (i386 allmodconfig) has failed
like this:

crypto/async_tx/async_xor.c: In function ‘async_xor_init’:
crypto/async_tx/async_xor.c:310: error: size of array ‘type name’ is negative

The failing line is this:

	BUILD_BUG_ON(sizeof(dma_addr_t) > sizeof(struct page *));

in async_xor_init() introduced by commit
0036731c88fdb5bf4f04a796a30b5e445fc57f54 ("async_tx: kill tx_set_src and
tx_set_dest methods") in Feb, 2008.

Bisecting in the next-20090623 tree pointed to commit
3c30a9ca1fb95214e60e3bf43957971df6668033 ("dmaengine: move HIGHMEM64G
restriction to ASYNC_TX_DMA") from the async_tx tree.  This is now commit
f3c56e57f66a73a241299dbec1ad55491aa0e403.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/