Subject: Re: [RT2X00] Linux-next tree next-20090725 and 20090727 FTBFS

From: Ivo van Doorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:55:47 +0200

Hi,

> Kernel: arch/x86/boot/bzImage is ready  (#1)
>   Building modules, stage 2.
>   MODPOST 12 modules
> ERROR: "rt2x00mac_set_tim" [drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2500pci.ko] undefined!
> make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
> make: *** [modules] Error 2
> 
> rt2x00mac_set_tim is used in rt2500pci.c and declared in rt2x00mac.c
> within a section #IFDEF'd for CONFIG_RT2X00_LIB_CRYPTO.  I can get the
> kernel modules to build -- the error reports a missing symbol due to
> the definition of rt2x00mac_set_tim being IFDEFfed out, and excluding
> rt2x00mac_set_tim builds the module successfully -- but can't confirm
> whether it works due to a quirk of KDE, NetworkManager and my Linksys
> router not cooperating.
> 
> In terms of the right fix: should rt2500pci depend (in KConfig) on
> CONFIG_RT2X00_LIB_CRYPTO, or should rt2x00mac_set_tim be outside the
> IFDEF?

well rt2x00mac_set_tim has nothing to do with CRYPTO so the function
should simply be moved. I'll send a patch to fix this in a few minutes.

Ivo