Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix compiler warnings and remove debug messages

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:31:09 +1000

Hi Mike,

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 03:59:43 -0400 Mike Frysinger <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 20:01, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 06:28:56PM +0200, Lothar Wassmann wrote:
> >> This patch fixes the reported compiler warnings and removes excessive debug messages.
> >> Compile tested only!
> >
> > I'd prefer the correct fixes for this driver.  Mike, any thoughts on
> > some fixes for this?
> 
> if it's simply fixing printf modifiers, then i can send out a patch for that.
> 
> the changelog simply states "the reported compiler warnings" ... what
> exactly must i do to reproduce these ?

The original report was from an x86_64 allmodconfig build using gcc
v4.4.0.  You should only need to attempt to build
drivers/usb/host/isp1362-hcd.c to see the warnings.  It needs to be a 64
bit build.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/