Subject: Re: [PATCH -next] trace_skb: fix build when CONFIG_NET is not enabled

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 01:03:26 +0200

* David Miller <[email-masked]> wrote:

> From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 00:47:27 +0200
> 
> > Also, has the review feedback from the tracing folks been 
> > addressed? Please separate these patches out and lets do this 
> > properly, this approach is not acceptable.
> 
> Fine, will keep you guys in the loop next time :-)

thanks

If the TRACE_EVENT() form is used then it can be done just fine 
from the networking tree too by enhancing 
include/trace/events/skb.h - TRACE_EVENT() is a decentralized 
facility.

We try not to add new ftrace plugins but extend the set of generic 
tracepoints.

	Ingo