Subject: linux-next: usb tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:34:02 +1000

Hi Greg,

Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

arch/x86/built-in.o: In function `setup_early_printk':
early_printk.c:(.init.text+0x159de): undefined reference to `early_dbgp_init'
early_printk.c:(.init.text+0x159f9): undefined reference to `early_dbgp_console'

Caused by commit 77f162cc16ff4bff1adefe47dbe48ab6b2d9247b ("USB: ehci
early_printk: split ehci debug driver from early_printk.c").

I have reverted that commit for today (along with commits
37e541af790703d66ba88cf3a71b5ae97654b753 ("USB: early_printk: insert cr
prior to nl as needed"), 71c0553ae63d2738a126d4f5b37730dfaa7a2fd7 ("USB:
ehci-dbgp: Execute early BIOS hand off"),
3f038d06f259fd02142aaaaa47addfb4934d4faa ("USB: early_printk: EHCI debug
controller initialization delays") and
f6ee359e79de27b46213f8b5293251a26bc22b1e ("USB: ehci-dbgp: stability
improvements and external re-init") that depended on it).
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/