Subject: Re: linux-next: i2c tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:03:35 +1000

Hi Jean,

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:04:49 +0200 Jean Delvare <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> These are caused by the fact that I moved the patch adding
> class_compat_create_link() and friends out of the NEXT_PATCHES section.
> I did so because Greg KH (Cc'd) added this patch to his driver-core
> patch set, which I thought was part of linux-next. I simply didn't want
> to apply the same patch twice.

It doesn't really matter if the same patch appears twice - git usually
copes quite well.  Also I can tell and I (usually) don't bother
commenting on it.

> To clarify the dependency, I added the following to my series.conf:
> 
> # NEXT_BASE driver-core.current
> 
> but apparently it didn't work as intended.
> 
> Greg, please clarify whether the patch in question
> (driver-core-add-support-for-compatibility-classes.patch) is pushed to
> linux-next or not.
> 
> Stephen, if my dependency tag is not correct, please tell me how to fix
> it.

It was fine, except that Greg has that patch in the driver-core series
(not driver-core.current).  It you decide to leave that patch out and
change the dependency, please let me know as I will then have to merge
your tree after Greg's (it is currently earlier.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/