Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] wan: dlci/sdla transmit return dehacking

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 19:38:10 -0700

On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 20:48:50 +0200
Krzysztof Halasa <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > This is a brute force removal of the wierd slave interface done for
> > DLCI -> SDLA transmit. Before it was using non-standard return values
> > and freeing skb in caller. This changes it to using normal return
> > values, and freeing in the callee. Luckly only one driver pair was
> > doing this. Not tested on real hardware, in fact I wonder if this
> > driver pair is even being used by any users.
> 
> The only hardware which seems to be driven by dlci.c is sdla.c =
> old Sangoma ISA cards.
> 
> Sangoma seems to maintain their own drivers for their hw (including
> these ISA cards).
> 
> Are the in-kernel drivers functional after all those years? I don't
> know.

In the Vyatta product we use the Sangoma drivers, so we actually have
to make and not configure in the existing WAN drivers.

--