Subject: Re: linux-next: security-testing tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:40:12 +1000

Hi James, David,

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 23:43:31 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 23:40:28 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > Today's linux-next build (arm lots of configs) failed like this:
> > 
> > arch/arm/kernel/signal.c: In function 'do_notify_resume':
> > arch/arm/kernel/signal.c:701: error: implicit declaration of function 'tracehook_notify_resume'
> > 
> > Caused by commit d0420c83f39f79afb82010c2d2cafd150eef651b ("KEYS: Extend
> > TIF_NOTIFY_RESUME to (almost) all architectures [try #6]").  Presumably
> > the include of linux/tracehook.h is missing.
> 
> The avr32 defconfig build fails the same way as well.  Thee may be
> others, that is as far as we have gone so far.

This also broke the alpha and mips builds.  I am going to use the version
of the security-testing tree from next-20090902 (the latest version I
have before the above commit was added) for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/