Subject: linux-next: sound tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 11:19:35 +1000

Hi Takashi,

Today's linux-next build (x86_64_allmodconfig) failed like this:

sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:523: warning: 'struct spi_device' declared inside parameter list
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:523: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c: In function 'wm8711_spi_probe':
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:534: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:536: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c: At top level:
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:541: warning: 'struct spi_device' declared inside parameter list
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c: In function 'wm8711_spi_remove':
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:543: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c: At top level:
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:551: warning: 'struct spi_device' declared inside parameter list
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c: In function 'wm8711_spi_suspend':
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:553: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c: At top level:
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:556: warning: 'struct spi_device' declared inside parameter list
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c: In function 'wm8711_spi_resume':
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:558: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c: At top level:
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:565: error: variable 'wm8711_spi_driver' has initializer but incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:566: error: unknown field 'driver' specified in initializer
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:566: error: extra brace group at end of initializer
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:566: error: (near initialization for 'wm8711_spi_driver')
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:568: error: 'spi_bus_type' undeclared here (not in a function)
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:570: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:570: warning: (near initialization for 'wm8711_spi_driver')
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:571: error: unknown field 'probe' specified in initializer
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:571: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:571: warning: (near initialization for 'wm8711_spi_driver')
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:572: error: unknown field 'suspend' specified in initializer
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:572: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:572: warning: (near initialization for 'wm8711_spi_driver')
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:573: error: unknown field 'resume' specified in initializer
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:573: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:573: warning: (near initialization for 'wm8711_spi_driver')
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:574: error: unknown field 'remove' specified in initializer
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:574: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:574: warning: (near initialization for 'wm8711_spi_driver')
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c: In function 'wm8711_modinit':
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:635: error: implicit declaration of function 'spi_register_driver'
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:635: error: 'wm8731_spi_driver' undeclared (first use in this function)
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:635: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:635: error: for each function it appears in.)
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c: In function 'wm8711_exit':
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:651: error: implicit declaration of function 'spi_unregister_driver'
sound/soc/codecs/wm8711.c:651: error: 'wm8731_spi_driver' undeclared (first use in this function)

Caused by commit 08aff8cd7a8568588d460c4bf8875a492d430314 ("ASoC: Add SPI
support to WM8711").

I have used the version of the sound tree from next-20090930 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/