Subject: Re: linux-next: block/drbd tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 18:21:03 +1100

Hi Jens,

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 08:31:38 +0200 Jens Axboe <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Oct 05 2009, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > 
> > Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:
> > 
> > drivers/block/drbd/drbd_req.c: In function '_drbd_start_io_acct':
> > drivers/block/drbd/drbd_req.c:43: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
> > drivers/block/drbd/drbd_req.c: In function '_drbd_end_io_acct':
> > drivers/block/drbd/drbd_req.c:56: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
> > 
> > I reported a similar error against the dbd tree, which was fixed, but now
> > the commit that caused that error has been reverted and thus we get
> > this :-(
> > 
> > I have reverted the drbd commits from the block tree for today.
> 
> That's probably my fault, not drbd. I moved it to a new branch since it
> isn't going into 2.6.32, and perhaps dropped that fix along the way.
> I'll look into it.

The original problem was caused by commit
a9327cac440be4d8333bba975cbbf76045096275 ("Seperate read and write
statistics of in_flight requests") which went into Linus' tree on Sept
15.  The drbd tee was fixed to cope with that change.  Then that commit
was reverted in Linus' tree on Oct 5, so the fix to the drbd tree needs
to be reverted as well.  Unfortunately, the drbd tree has been rebased
into (basically) one commit, so that commit needs fixing.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/
_______________________________________________
drbd-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.linbit.com/mailman/listinfo/drbd-dev