Subject: linux-next: mfd tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:02:02 +1100

Hi Samuel,

Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `pm8607_write_device':
88pm8607.c:(.text+0xd02e9): undefined reference to `i2c_master_send'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `pm8607_read_device':
88pm8607.c:(.text+0xd033b): undefined reference to `i2c_master_send'
88pm8607.c:(.text+0xd035c): undefined reference to `i2c_master_recv'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `pm8607_init':
88pm8607.c:(.init.text+0xa9bd): undefined reference to `i2c_register_driver'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `pm8607_probe':
88pm8607.c:(.devinit.text+0x4db6): undefined reference to `mfd_add_devices'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `pm8607_exit':
88pm8607.c:(.exit.text+0x598): undefined reference to `i2c_del_driver'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `pm8607_remove':
88pm8607.c:(.devexit.text+0x198): undefined reference to `mfd_remove_devices'

Obviously caused by commit 9ec6cd8f2235ddeee5b39068956f14238a12a617
("mfd: Add 88PM8607 driver").

This build has CONFIG_I2C=m and CONFIG_MFD_CORE=m.

I have used the version of the mfd tree form next-20091005 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/