Subject: Re: linux-next: suspend tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 15:29:14 +1100

Hi Rafael,

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 00:31:55 +0200 "Rafael J. Wysocki" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the notification.
> 
> Did you cross-compile it by chance?  It builds for me on native x86_64 with
> allmodconfig, which is why I missed this issue.

I cross compile all my x86 builds as my big machines are all PowerPC.

> > I have used the version of the suspend tree from next-20091002 for today.
> 
> I added the #include <linux/compiler.h> to freezer.h, but obviously I couldn't
> verify if that fixed the problem.  Hopefully it did.

My guess was wrong.  You either need to leave the __cold off the
definition in kernel/freezer.c or move it before the function name.  No
other function definition in the kernel is marked __cold, but several
declarations are.

Also __cold only generates something for gcc >= 4.3 ...  I am using 4.4.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/