Subject: Re: [PATCH] linux-next: 20090929 - android driver build breaks

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 16:28:25 -0700

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 04:24:46PM -0700, David Rientjes wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Greg KH wrote:
> 
> > > Hi Greg,
> > > 
> > > 	next-20090929 randconfig build breaks with
> > > CONFIG_ANDROID_LOW_MEMORY_KILLER=y
> > 
> > Due to no support from Google, I've dropped the android code from the
> > staging tree for 2.6.33.
> > 
> 
> What are you specifically referring to?  Kamalesh provided a patch[*] that 
> fixes this particular compile error, which you said you were queueing.

Hm, I did say I was queueing it, but I still can't figure out if this is
needed for the 2.6.32 tree.  Is it?

> If it's a criticism of the staleness of the Android code within the 
> staging tree or no recent activity, then we should probably loop in some 
> Android developers to find our about their plans.  I've added them to the 
> cc.

They know all about this and agreed that the code should be dropped for
2.6.33 if no one sends me patches.  If someone does, then I will remove
my 'delete the android code' patch in the staging tree.

Honestly, I'm not holding my breath :(

thanks,

greg k-h