Subject: linux-next: voltage tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:26:28 +1100

Hi Liam,

Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `pm8607_write_device':
88pm8607.c:(.text+0xd1359): undefined reference to `i2c_master_send'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `pm8607_read_device':
88pm8607.c:(.text+0xd13ab): undefined reference to `i2c_master_send'
88pm8607.c:(.text+0xd13cc): undefined reference to `i2c_master_recv'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `pm8607_init':
88pm8607.c:(.init.text+0xaa22): undefined reference to `i2c_register_driver'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `pm8607_probe':
88pm8607.c:(.devinit.text+0x50fb): undefined reference to `mfd_add_devices'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `pm8607_exit':
88pm8607.c:(.exit.text+0x5de): undefined reference to `i2c_del_driver'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `pm8607_remove':
88pm8607.c:(.devexit.text+0x1cc): undefined reference to `mfd_remove_devices'

Caused by commit 258e3427f83a573d738344c2f5499da5e026e1df ("regulator:
add 88PM8607 PMIC driver").  This is the same driver that has caused the
mfd tree to fail in the same way since next-20091006.  I have used the
version of the voltage tree from next-20091009 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/