Subject: Re: linux-next: tip tree build warning

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:50:12 +0100

* Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:41:26 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > static inline physid_mask_t default_apicid_to_cpu_present(int phys_apicid)
> > {
> >         return physid_mask_of_physid(phys_apicid);
> > }
> 
> I just noticed that this function (default_apicid_to_cpu_present) is 
> declared "static inline in a header" but looks like it is only used by 
> assigning its address to a function pointer.  Its only use for x86_64 
> is in arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic_noop.c ...

yes, that might be a real problem - returning the mask like that is 
messy. Thanks, will check.

	Ingo