Subject: Re: next-20091029: fs/aio.c build failure

From: Jens Axboe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:01:36 +0100

On Thu, Oct 29 2009, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29 2009, Alexander Beregalov wrote:
> > Hi
> > 
> > fs/aio.c:1575: error: implicit declaration of function 'blk_run_address_space'
> > 
> > CONFIG_BLOCK is not set.
> 
> Not the first time this has happened, I think we should just pull the
> bdi/mapping unplug functions out of CONFIG_BLOCK protection. They work
> on the backing_dev, so they aren't inherently tied to just block IO.

I committed this:

http://git.kernel.dk/?p=linux-2.6-block.git;a=commit;h=b9d128f1088ea5245109dfc9bbceb128b6371a77

Same as the posted version, but adds the backing-dev.h include to
fs/aio.c to make it visible as well. Passes compile/link testing here,
for both CONFIG_BLOCk and !CONFIG_BLOCK.

-- 
Jens Axboe