Subject: linux-next: percpu/kvm/tip tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:17:22 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

kernel/user-return-notifier.c: In function 'fire_user_return_notifiers':
kernel/user-return-notifier.c:45: error: expected expression before ')' token

Introduced by commit 7c68af6e32c73992bad24107311f3433c89016e2 ("core,
x86: Add user return notifiers") from the tip and kvm trees but revealed
by commit e0fdb0e050eae331046385643618f12452aa7e73 ("percpu: add __percpu
for sparse") from the percpu tree.  Before that percpu tree commit,
"put_cpu_var()" would compile without error (even though it really needs
a parameter).

I have applied the following patch for today.

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 15:54:43 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] x86: fix put_cpu_var invocation in user return notifiers code

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 kernel/user-return-notifier.c |    2 +-
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/kernel/user-return-notifier.c b/kernel/user-return-notifier.c
index 530ccb8..03e2d6f 100644
--- a/kernel/user-return-notifier.c
+++ b/kernel/user-return-notifier.c
@@ -42,5 +42,5 @@ void fire_user_return_notifiers(void)
 	head = &get_cpu_var(return_notifier_list);
 	hlist_for_each_entry_safe(urn, tmp1, tmp2, head, link)
 		urn->on_user_return(urn);
-	put_cpu_var();
+	put_cpu_var(return_notifier_list);
 }
-- 
1.6.5.2

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/