Subject: Re: linux-next: tip tree build warning

From: Cyrill Gorcunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 21:42:18 +0300

[Ingo Molnar - Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 02:32:47PM +0100]
| 
...
| > +
| > +#ifdef CONFIG_X86_32
| >  	.apicid_to_cpu_present		= default_apicid_to_cpu_present,
| > +#else
| > +	.apicid_to_cpu_present		= NULL,
| > +#endif
| 
| would be better to unify this instead ...
| 
| 	Ingo
| 

[not for inclusion]

Here is what I'm going to implement (it is not finished yet,
but just to show the idea -- ie to get rid of physid_mask_t
passed as an argument at all but use pointers instead since
callers already have bitmask allocated).

And physid_set_mask_of_physid already do the work for us.
Hmm?

(Ingo, I think you may apply the former patch just to
 have the issue fixed this way temporary)

	-- Cyrill
---
 arch/x86/include/asm/apic.h      |    7 +------
 arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic_noop.c |    2 +-
 arch/x86/kernel/apic/bigsmp_32.c |    7 +------
 arch/x86/kernel/apic/probe_32.c  |    2 +-
 4 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)

Index: linux-2.6.git/arch/x86/include/asm/apic.h
=====================================================================
--- linux-2.6.git.orig/arch/x86/include/asm/apic.h
+++ linux-2.6.git/arch/x86/include/asm/apic.h
@@ -310,7 +310,7 @@ struct apic {
 	int (*apicid_to_node)(int logical_apicid);
 	int (*cpu_to_logical_apicid)(int cpu);
 	int (*cpu_present_to_apicid)(int mps_cpu);
-	physid_mask_t (*apicid_to_cpu_present)(int phys_apicid);
+	void (*apicid_to_cpu_present)(int phys_apicid, physid_mask_t *bitmap);
 	void (*setup_portio_remap)(void);
 	int (*check_phys_apicid_present)(int phys_apicid);
 	void (*enable_apic_mode)(void);
@@ -585,11 +585,6 @@ extern int default_cpu_present_to_apicid
 extern int default_check_phys_apicid_present(int phys_apicid);
 #endif
 
-static inline physid_mask_t default_apicid_to_cpu_present(int phys_apicid)
-{
-	return physid_mask_of_physid(phys_apicid);
-}
-
 #endif /* CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC */
 
 #ifdef CONFIG_X86_32
Index: linux-2.6.git/arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic_noop.c
=====================================================================
--- linux-2.6.git.orig/arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic_noop.c
+++ linux-2.6.git/arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic_noop.c
@@ -162,7 +162,7 @@ struct apic apic_noop = {
 
 	.cpu_to_logical_apicid		= noop_cpu_to_logical_apicid,
 	.cpu_present_to_apicid		= default_cpu_present_to_apicid,
-	.apicid_to_cpu_present		= default_apicid_to_cpu_present,
+	.apicid_to_cpu_present		= physid_set_mask_of_physid,
 
 	.setup_portio_remap		= NULL,
 	.check_phys_apicid_present	= default_check_phys_apicid_present,
Index: linux-2.6.git/arch/x86/kernel/apic/bigsmp_32.c
=====================================================================
--- linux-2.6.git.orig/arch/x86/kernel/apic/bigsmp_32.c
+++ linux-2.6.git/arch/x86/kernel/apic/bigsmp_32.c
@@ -93,11 +93,6 @@ static int bigsmp_cpu_present_to_apicid(
 	return BAD_APICID;
 }
 
-static physid_mask_t bigsmp_apicid_to_cpu_present(int phys_apicid)
-{
-	return physid_mask_of_physid(phys_apicid);
-}
-
 /* Mapping from cpu number to logical apicid */
 static inline int bigsmp_cpu_to_logical_apicid(int cpu)
 {
@@ -230,7 +225,7 @@ struct apic apic_bigsmp = {
 	.apicid_to_node			= bigsmp_apicid_to_node,
 	.cpu_to_logical_apicid		= bigsmp_cpu_to_logical_apicid,
 	.cpu_present_to_apicid		= bigsmp_cpu_present_to_apicid,
-	.apicid_to_cpu_present		= bigsmp_apicid_to_cpu_present,
+	.apicid_to_cpu_present		= physid_set_mask_of_physid,
 	.setup_portio_remap		= NULL,
 	.check_phys_apicid_present	= bigsmp_check_phys_apicid_present,
 	.enable_apic_mode		= NULL,
Index: linux-2.6.git/arch/x86/kernel/apic/probe_32.c
=====================================================================
--- linux-2.6.git.orig/arch/x86/kernel/apic/probe_32.c
+++ linux-2.6.git/arch/x86/kernel/apic/probe_32.c
@@ -108,7 +108,7 @@ struct apic apic_default = {
 	.apicid_to_node			= default_apicid_to_node,
 	.cpu_to_logical_apicid		= default_cpu_to_logical_apicid,
 	.cpu_present_to_apicid		= default_cpu_present_to_apicid,
-	.apicid_to_cpu_present		= default_apicid_to_cpu_present,
+	.apicid_to_cpu_present		= physid_set_mask_of_physid,
 	.setup_portio_remap		= NULL,
 	.check_phys_apicid_present	= default_check_phys_apicid_present,
 	.enable_apic_mode		= NULL,