Subject: [PATCH -next 0/3] x86 insn decoder test updates (Re: linux-next: Tree for October 29 (x86 posttest))

From: Masami Hiramatsu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:06:11 -0500

Here are the patches which update x86 instruction decoder build-time test.
As Stephen reported on linux-next, sometimes objdump decodes bad
instructions as normal. This will cause a false positive result on
x86 insn decoder test. This patches update the test as below;
 - Show more information with V=1
 - Show in which symbol the difference places.
 - Just warning instead of build failure.

Thank you,

---

Masami Hiramatsu (3):
      x86: insn decoder test shows build warning
      x86: Show symbol name if insn decoder test failed
      x86: Add verbose option to insn decoder test

 arch/x86/tools/Makefile       |    9 +++-
 arch/x86/tools/distill.awk    |    5 ++
 arch/x86/tools/test_get_len.c |   99 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 3 files changed, 95 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

-- 
Masami Hiramatsu

Software Engineer
Hitachi Computer Products (America), Inc.
Software Solutions Division
e-mail: [email-masked]