Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for November 20 (snd_jack)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:40:30 -0800

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:05:13 +1100 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> Changes since 20091119:

This commit in linux-next-20091120:

author	Mark Brown <[email-masked]>	
	Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:05:36 +0000 (19:05 +0100)
committer	Jaroslav Kysela <[email-masked]>	
	Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:32:06 +0000 (21:32 +0200)
commit	0d94e41abe271c86df06bcf72d24f9ca7ce771f0

causes build errors when:

CONFIG_INPUT=m
CONFIG_SND=y
CONFIG_SND_JACK=y
CONFIG_SND_SOC=m
CONFIG_SND_HDA_INTEL=m
CONFIG_SND_HDA_INPUT_JACK=y

At least part of the problem is that when a tristate kconfig symbol with
a value of 'm' selects a boolean kconfig symbol, the boolean becomes 'y',
so we end up with
snd-$(CONFIG_SND_JACK)	  += jack.o
being built into the kernel image and INPUT=m, giving:

sound/built-in.o: In function `snd_jack_report':
(.text+0xb5c5): undefined reference to `input_event'
sound/built-in.o: In function `snd_jack_report':
(.text+0xb627): undefined reference to `input_event'
sound/built-in.o: In function `snd_jack_dev_register':
jack.c:(.text+0xb736): undefined reference to `input_register_device'
sound/built-in.o: In function `snd_jack_dev_free':
jack.c:(.text+0xb806): undefined reference to `input_unregister_device'
jack.c:(.text+0xb861): undefined reference to `input_free_device'
sound/built-in.o: In function `snd_jack_new':
(.text+0xb953): undefined reference to `input_allocate_device'
sound/built-in.o: In function `snd_jack_new':
(.text+0xba0d): undefined reference to `input_set_capability'
sound/built-in.o: In function `snd_jack_new':
(.text+0xba2c): undefined reference to `input_free_device'

---
~Randy