Subject: linux-next: mfd tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:37:53 +1100

Hi Samuel,

Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `wm831x_i2c_remove':
wm831x-core.c:(.text+0xd108b): undefined reference to `mfd_remove_devices'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `wm831x_i2c_write_device':
wm831x-core.c:(.text+0xd119c): undefined reference to `i2c_master_send'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `wm831x_i2c_read_device':
wm831x-core.c:(.text+0xd1208): undefined reference to `i2c_master_send'
wm831x-core.c:(.text+0xd1237): undefined reference to `i2c_master_recv'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `wm831x_i2c_probe':
wm831x-core.c:(.text+0xd2099): undefined reference to `mfd_add_devices'
wm831x-core.c:(.text+0xd20cd): undefined reference to `mfd_add_devices'
wm831x-core.c:(.text+0xd2105): undefined reference to `mfd_add_devices'
wm831x-core.c:(.text+0xd2139): undefined reference to `mfd_add_devices'
wm831x-core.c:(.text+0xd21dd): undefined reference to `mfd_add_devices'
wm831x-core.c:(.text+0xd22c3): undefined reference to `mfd_remove_devices'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `wm831x_i2c_init':
wm831x-core.c:(.init.text+0xae6b): undefined reference to `i2c_register_driver'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `wm831x_i2c_exit':
wm831x-core.c:(.exit.text+0x522): undefined reference to `i2c_del_driver'

Caused by commit 4f7231a3ff624ad8a0fdace424b10a8b262071cf ("mfd: Don't
allow wm831x to be built as a module").  CONFIG_MFD_CORE is "m" and
CONFIG_I2C is "m" while CONFIG_MFD_WM831X is "y".  "select" is a real
problem :-(

I have used the version of the mfd tree from next-20091120 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/