Subject: Re: linux-next: mfd tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:14:33 +1100

Hi Mark,

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:57:16 +0000 Mark Brown <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> There's something more seriously wrong than the select with your config
> here - the driver depends on (rather than selecting) I2C and you're also
> seeing undefined references to the I2C API.  The select on MFD_CORE
> should also be forcing that to be built in (it does normally).
> 
> Could you please post the actual configuration you're using?  I suspect
> some Kbuild bug has been triggered here...

Sorry, I don't have the actual config (as I overwrite my build directory
between each merge).  However, if I checkout the mfd tree (alone -
nothing else in linux-next) and do "make ARCH=x86_64 allmodconfig", I get
the following in my .config:

CONFIG_I2C=m
CONFIG_MFD_CORE=m
CONFIG_MFD_WM831X=y

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/