Subject: Re: linux-next: net/wireless/wireless-current tree build warning

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:20:57 +1100

Hi Dave, John,

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 14:15:54 +0100 Johannes Berg <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-tx.c: In function 'iwl_tx_agg_stop':
> > drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-tx.c:1356: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ieee80211_stop_tx_ba_cb_irqsafe' from incompatible pointer type
> > include/net/mac80211.h:2128: note: expected 'struct ieee80211_vif *' but argument is of type 'struct ieee80211_hw *'
> 
> This has now snuck into wireless-testing as well.

Johannes is right, the patch I posted need to be part of the wireless
tree once the wireless-current tree was merged into it.  Now this patch
(reposted below) is needed in the wireless and net trees ...

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:19:44 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] wireless: fix for mismerge

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-tx.c |    2 +-
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-tx.c b/drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-tx.c
index 58b132f..00da5e1 100644
--- a/drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-tx.c
+++ b/drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-tx.c
@@ -1353,7 +1353,7 @@ int iwl_tx_agg_stop(struct iwl_priv *priv , const u8 *ra, u16 tid)
 	if (priv->stations[sta_id].tid[tid].agg.state ==
 				IWL_EMPTYING_HW_QUEUE_ADDBA) {
 		IWL_DEBUG_HT(priv, "AGG stop before setup done\n");
-		ieee80211_stop_tx_ba_cb_irqsafe(priv->hw, ra, tid);
+		ieee80211_stop_tx_ba_cb_irqsafe(priv->vif, ra, tid);
 		priv->stations[sta_id].tid[tid].agg.state = IWL_AGG_OFF;
 		return 0;
 	}
-- 
1.6.5.3

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/