Subject: linux-next: tty tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 10:48:30 +1100

Hi Greg,

Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/mmc/card/sdio_uart.c: In function 'sdio_uart_add_port':
drivers/mmc/card/sdio_uart.c:99: warning: passing argument 1 of 'kfifo_alloc' makes pointer from integer without a cast
include/linux/kfifo.h:110: note: expected 'struct kfifo *' but argument is of type 'long unsigned int'
drivers/mmc/card/sdio_uart.c:99: warning: passing argument 3 of 'kfifo_alloc' makes integer from pointer without a cast
include/linux/kfifo.h:110: note: expected 'gfp_t' but argument is of type 'struct spinlock_t *'
drivers/mmc/card/sdio_uart.c:99: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
drivers/mmc/card/sdio_uart.c: In function 'sdio_uart_transmit_chars':
drivers/mmc/card/sdio_uart.c:476: error: implicit declaration of function 'kfifo_get'
drivers/mmc/card/sdio_uart.c: In function 'sdio_uart_write':
drivers/mmc/card/sdio_uart.c:810: error: implicit declaration of function 'kfifo_put'

Caused by commit ed30500af457c06b533549f5554671e58c4db18a ("tty:
sdio_uart: Use kfifo instead of the messy circ stuff") interacting with
the kfifo API change in Linus' tree.

I have reverted that commit for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/