Subject: Re: #pragma GCC warnings (was: Re: [PATCH] crypto: drbg - use pragmas for disabling optimization)

From: Stephan Mueller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:45:29 +0200

Am Dienstag, 23. Juni 2015, 17:21:06 schrieb Herbert Xu:

Hi Herbert,

>On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 11:17:23AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> I get that too with m68k-linux-gcc-4.6.3 and m68k-linux-gcc-4.9.0.
>> 
>> With m68k-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1, which is still my default cross-compiler due
>> to the good unused warning reporting, I get:
>> 
>> crypto/jitterentropy.c:235: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC push_options
>> crypto/jitterentropy.c:236: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC optimize
>> crypto/jitterentropy.c:266: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC pop_options
>> crypto/jitterentropy.c:295: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC push_options
>> crypto/jitterentropy.c:296: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC optimize
>> crypto/jitterentropy.c:336: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC pop_options
>> crypto/jitterentropy.c:385: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC push_options
>> crypto/jitterentropy.c:386: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC optimize
>> crypto/jitterentropy.c:416: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC pop_options
>> crypto/jitterentropy.c:517: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC push_options
>> crypto/jitterentropy.c:518: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC optimize
>> crypto/jitterentropy.c:580: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC pop_options
>
>Stephan, could you look into moving the relevant functions into
>its own file which can then be compiled with -O0? Obviously any
>dependency on kernel header files would have to be hidden using
>functions outside of this file.

I will look into it.

Thanks

Ciao
Stephan