Subject: Re: linux-next: origin tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:32:52 +1100

Hi Linus,

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:26:33 -0800 (PST) Linus Torvalds <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hmm. I think the real problem is that it allowed LZO to be enabled at all, 
> despite HAVE_KERNEL_LZO not being enabled.
> 
> In other words, I think the config dependencies for RD_LZO are just 
> totally broken.

That may be true, however ...

OK, I grabbed your tree, reverted commit
ac4c2a3bbe5db5fc570b1d0ee1e474db7cb22585 ("zlib: optimize inffast when
copying direct from output") (see my other build error email) and then
the tree built.  :-(  I guess there is something else in the partially
created linux-next today that has triggered this build failure.   I will
investigate further.

Sorry about that.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/