Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for January 14 (vmwgfx)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:58:40 -0800

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:20:47 +1100 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> Changes since 20100113:

When CONFIG_FB=m:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `vmw_fb_close':
(.text+0x9614a): undefined reference to `unregister_framebuffer'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `vmw_fb_close':
(.text+0x9616f): undefined reference to `framebuffer_release'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `vmw_fb_init':
(.text+0x965b6): undefined reference to `framebuffer_alloc'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `vmw_fb_init':
(.text+0x9692a): undefined reference to `register_framebuffer'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `vmw_fb_init':
(.text+0x9696a): undefined reference to `framebuffer_release'

so this driver needs to depend on FB (or select FB -- ugh, although
that's what nouveau does).

And these selects don't do anything when FB is not enabled:
	select FB_DEFERRED_IO
	select FB_CFB_FILLRECT
	select FB_CFB_COPYAREA
	select FB_CFB_IMAGEBLIT

---
~Randy