Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the kgdb tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 17:29:52 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in
arch/x86/kernel/kgdb.c between commit
53a2aa296b5108e9bfdcda7f41221e721d9c7474 ("x86,hw_breakpoint,kgdb: kgdb
to use hw_breakpoint API") from the kgdb tree and commit
cc0967490c1c3824bc5b75718b6ca8a51d9f2617 ("x86, hw_breakpoints, kgdb: Fix
kgdb to use hw_breakpoint API") from the tip tree.

These two commits are similar but sufficiently different to make a mess.
I effectively reverted the kgdb tree version and used the tip tree
version.  This also involved reverting the kgdb tree changes to
arch/x86/kernel/hw_breakpoint.c.  I hope I got it right (since I had to
reapply a few other kgdb changes by hand) (an x86_64 allmodconfig build
produces no new warnings or errors, so I have some hope).

Someone should give me some guidance as to a way forward here, please.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/