Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge final merge

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:36:50 +1100

Hi Jesse,

After merging, today's linux-next build (sparc64 defconfig) failed like
this:

arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c: In function 'pci_cfg_fake_ranges':
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c:404: error: 'struct pci_bus' has no member named 'resource'
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c:419: error: 'struct pci_bus' has no member named 'resource'
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c:450: error: 'struct pci_bus' has no member named 'resource'
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c: In function 'apb_fake_ranges':
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c:473: error: 'struct pci_bus' has no member named 'resource'
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c:481: error: 'struct pci_bus' has no member named 'resource'
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c: In function 'of_scan_pci_bridge':
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c:539: error: 'struct pci_bus' has no member named 'resource'
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c:558: error: 'struct pci_bus' has no member named 'resource'
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c:571: error: 'struct pci_bus' has no member named 'resource'
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c: In function 'pci_scan_one_pbm':
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c:693: error: 'struct pci_bus' has no member named 'resource'
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c:694: error: 'struct pci_bus' has no member named 'resource'
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c: In function 'pcibios_fixup_bus':
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c:710: error: 'struct pci_bus' has no member named 'resource'
arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c:711: error: 'struct pci_bus' has no member named 'resource'

Cause by commit 94a8887c501b22a2818ee58197864e9eab983510 ("PCI: replace
bus resource table with a list") from the pci tree.  I don't know why I
didn't notice this failure yesterday.

I have reverted that commit and the following 4 commits from the pci tree
for today:

6b673390ae99fbaeeafc40a6e42ba97e1beada0b "x86/PCI: use host bridge _CRS
	info by default on 2008 and newer machines"
6776104e550aa6600549e204865cb3d4ed29e04e "PCI: make disabled window
	printk style match the enabled ones"
a0266ed60a7ac8ce5c97d860cd927ba542325cb4 "PCI: break out
	primary/secondary/subordinate for readability"
0c2a8aaaba0d1a16a468cf48ba2fec6139d20a66 "PCI: reference bridge window
	resources explicitly"

Jesse, can you please remove these commits from the pci tree until the
above problem is fixed.

OK, I just checked the build results for last night
(http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/head/2579/) and there are quite a few
more (alpha, some arm, parisc and more ...) ... please fix them up as
well.  Try something like:

git grep -l -w resource $(git grep -l -w 'struct pci_bus')

for a starting list of files to check.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/