Subject: Re: [PATCH -next] scsi: RAID_ATTRS depends on SCSI

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 17:17:20 +1100

Hi James,

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:06:56 +0530 James Bottomley <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> This will fix the error, but it's not quite the right thing to do.  the
> RAID class should be independent of SCSI, but it wants to do a SCSI
> check if SCSI is compiled in the matching routines.  This gives us a
> nasty dependency, the condition being that the raid class must be m if
> SCSI is m.
> 
> I think this patch does the right thing.  Can someone test it on the
> config checker?  Or I can just put it in linux-next and have Stephen's
> builds do it.

My tree for today has Randy's fix in it.  Also, you should really test
against Linus' tree as that is where the problem currently lies.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/