Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (input tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:54:56 +1100

Hi Dmitry,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc44x_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `sysrq_filter':
sysrq.c:(.text+0x224da): undefined reference to `fg_console'
sysrq.c:(.text+0x224e2): undefined reference to `fg_console'
sysrq.c:(.text+0x224f2): undefined reference to `vc_cons'
sysrq.c:(.text+0x224f6): undefined reference to `vc_cons'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `sysrq_disconnect':
sysrq.c:(.text+0x226e4): undefined reference to `input_close_device'
sysrq.c:(.text+0x226ec): undefined reference to `input_unregister_handle'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `sysrq_connect':
sysrq.c:(.text+0x22780): undefined reference to `input_register_handle'
sysrq.c:(.text+0x22790): undefined reference to `input_open_device'
sysrq.c:(.text+0x227f0): undefined reference to `input_unregister_handle'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `sysrq_toggle_support':
(.text+0x22b6c): undefined reference to `input_unregister_handler'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `sysrq_toggle_support':
(.text+0x22bac): undefined reference to `input_register_handler'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `sysrq_init':
sysrq.c:(.init.text+0x18d4): undefined reference to `input_register_handler'

Caused by commit edc6e384f9d96e54a6d03068d3b03fa5b56b6449 ("Input:
implement SysRq as a separate input handler").  This build does not have
CONFIG_HW_CONSOLE or CONFIG_INPUT set, but does have CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ
set to 'y'.

For today, I have reverted that commit, commit
75394b382f16feddac9c523abf0eca8346afcf23 ("Input: keyboard - fix
formatting issues") which conflicted with the revert and the merge fixup
patch for the kgdb tree..

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/