Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (wireless tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:59:30 +1100

Hi John,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_htc.o: In function `.ath9k_debug_remove_root':
(.text+0xc1cc): multiple definition of `.ath9k_debug_remove_root'
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.o:(.text+0x1b7ec): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_htc.o: In function `ath9k_debug_remove_root':
(.opd+0x9c0): multiple definition of `ath9k_debug_remove_root'
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.o:(.opd+0x12d8): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_htc.o: In function `ath9k_init_debug':
(.opd+0xa08): multiple definition of `ath9k_init_debug'
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.o:(.opd+0x1320): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_htc.o: In function `ath_txq_update':
(.opd+0x630): multiple definition of `ath_txq_update'
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.o:(.opd+0xcc0): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_htc.o: In function `.ath9k_debug_create_root':
(.text+0xc310): multiple definition of `.ath9k_debug_create_root'
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.o:(.text+0x1b990): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_htc.o: In function `.ath9k_exit_debug':
(.text+0xc24c): multiple definition of `.ath9k_exit_debug'
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.o:(.text+0x1b86c): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_htc.o: In function `.ath9k_init_debug':
(.text+0xc3a8): multiple definition of `.ath9k_init_debug'
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.o:(.text+0x1ba28): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_htc.o: In function `ath9k_exit_debug':
(.opd+0x9d8): multiple definition of `ath9k_exit_debug'
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.o:(.opd+0x12f0): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_htc.o: In function `.ath_txq_update':
(.text+0x7cdc): multiple definition of `.ath_txq_update'
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.o:(.text+0x13e4c): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_htc.o: In function `ath9k_debug_create_root':
(.opd+0x9f0): multiple definition of `ath9k_debug_create_root'
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.o:(.opd+0x1308): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k_htc.o:(.bss+0x3980): multiple definition of `modparam_nohwcrypt'
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.o:(.bss+0x14e8): first defined here

Cause by commit fb9987d0f748c983bb795a86f47522313f701a08 ("Sujith <[email-masked]>") from the wireless tree.

I have reverted that commit for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/