Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the slabh tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:55:51 +1100

Hi Tejun,

After merging the slabh tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

sound/soc/codecs/twl6040.c: In function 'twl6040_remove':
sound/soc/codecs/twl6040.c:1052: error: implicit declaration of function 'kfree'
sound/soc/codecs/twl6040.c: In function 'twl6040_codec_probe':
sound/soc/codecs/twl6040.c:1073: error: implicit declaration of function 'kzalloc'
sound/soc/codecs/twl6040.c:1073: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

Caused by commit d103d3b3e8512312b5254950035366d4422a479a ("percpu: don't
implicitly include slab.h from percpu.h") from the slabh tree interacting
with commit 8ecbabd977dc64d2d8c9980420a3d72db06fe551 ("ASoC: TWL6040: Add
twl6040 codec driver") from the sound tree.

I applied the following merge fixup patch which should be applied to the
sound tree (see Documentation/SubmitChecklist Rule #1 :-)).  Hi Takashi,
another one. :-(

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:52:52 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] Asoc: TWL6040: use of kzalloc/kfree requires the include of slab.h

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 sound/soc/codecs/twl6040.c |    1 +
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/sound/soc/codecs/twl6040.c b/sound/soc/codecs/twl6040.c
index 0e4dce7..108c51a 100755
--- a/sound/soc/codecs/twl6040.c
+++ b/sound/soc/codecs/twl6040.c
@@ -27,6 +27,7 @@
 #include <linux/i2c.h>
 #include <linux/gpio.h>
 #include <linux/platform_device.h>
+#include <linux/slab.h>
 #include <linux/i2c/twl.h>
 
 #include <sound/core.h>
-- 
1.7.0.3

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/