Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the net tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 12:58:17 +1000

Hi Dave,

After merging the wireless tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/net/cxgb4/cxgb4_main.c: In function 'set_addr_filters':
drivers/net/cxgb4/cxgb4_main.c:264: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/net/cxgb4/cxgb4_main.c:265: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

Caused by commit b8ff05a9c3237f694a1c3bf8ceec3bf6c3c14b15 ("cxgb4: Add
main driver file and driver Makefile") from Linus' tree interacting with
commit 22bedad3ce112d5ca1eaf043d4990fa2ed698c87 ("net: convert multicast
list to list_head").  The latter removed struct dev_addr_list.

I have reverted commit b8ff05a9c3237f694a1c3bf8ceec3bf6c3c14b15 (and
43e9da8d782b8a40d5127fcc59ac2e543cf16d7d ("net: Hook up cxgb4 to Kconfig
and Makefile") that depended on it) for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/