Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:59:18 +1000

Hi John,

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:15:12 -0600 John Linn <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I'm not pushing back here, just trying to make sure I understand and do
> it better next time :)
> 
> I don't see that my patch has touched that part of the driver as that
> call was already in the driver before my patch (but maybe I'm just
> missing it).
> 
> My patch did change the dependency in the Kconfig so that it only
> depends on powerpc rather than powerpc DCR and maybe that exposed
> something that wasn't previously exposed.

Yeah, virt_to_bus() is only defined on 32bit PowerPC, not 64 bit.

CONFIG_PPC is set for both 32 and 64 bit PowerPC builds.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/