Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the net tree with Linus' tree

From: David Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:00:53 -0700 (PDT)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:52:44 +1000

> Hi Dave,
> 
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:47:24 -0700 (PDT) David Miller <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks a lot Stephen, I'll merge net-2.6 into net-next-2.6 to
>> fix this up for you.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> There was another conflict in drivers/net/virtio_net.c (because there is
> a patch in both your tree and Linus' (via net-current)) that git did not
> quite resolve correctly.  The sg_init_table() in add_recvbuf_small() was
> reinserted by the automatic merge ... I removed it in my merge.

Yes I expected that, the cherrypicked fix gets changed by a subsequent
commit in net-next-2.6 that changes where the scatterlist entries are
stored in that driver.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up.